Monday, October 1, 2012

Ryan B does The October Game

 
 
 
 
 
Howdy there, my fellow delinquents. It's your old pal Ryan B here once again to present to you another story from one of my uncle's moldy old muck mags.
 
Since the season of the witch (October) is upon us now and Halloween is right around the CORONER, I thought it would be only too appropriate for me to give you all a little treat. Or is it a trick? You'll have to read it to find out.
 
It's a story from EC Comics' SHOCK SuspenStories #9 and it's adapted by editor Al Feldstein from a short story by none other than Ray Bradbury himself. The art is by EC veteran, Jack Kamen, and it'll no doubt put you in just the right mood for this holiday season.
 
Now, if you're ready, prepare to play the game...
 

 

 
 
Well, how do you like that? Little Marion used to always be the life of parties, but not so much anymore. 
 
Ew, that's horrible.
 
I should be shot.
 
Well, maybe I will be. Tom just gave me a ring on the telephone and told me that he found his grandad's old army rifle, so were gonna meet at his house later and play firing squad.
 
Wish me luck and join me here next time, won't you? We'll keep the spirit moving by looking at nothing but Halloween themed stories all this month.
 
Until then my little delinquents, remember to eat all your candy, skip school, and do try to stay in trouble.
 
Bye-o!
 
   

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It's great to see a full story and all of that amazing art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ms. Dixie. That's how it's going to be from now on: Full stories or bust!

    ReplyDelete