Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ryan B reads Raise The Devil & The Worm Turns

 




Hey gang! Welcome to another scum filled spookapalooza edition of Comic Book Crud. For our last entry this Halloween season, me and Tom thought it would be a treat for all you delinquents out there if we gave you not one, but two jolting tales of terror in the Comic Book Crud tradition.

So, put on your Collegeville costumes, stuff your face with some razor blade filled Zagnut bars, and let's join good old Cain for a party at The House of Mystery already in progress...


 
 
 
Well, that was a DEVILishly clever twist. I guess the message, gang, is be careful what you dress up as, you may become it. I personally am going as an axe wielding psychopath for Halloween, so watch out world!

Let's see what mama thought of that story. Not mine, of course (she can't read), but Cain and Abel's...

 
Well, what do you say, Cain, challenge accepted?
 

 
Nice one, Cain, I did want some gummy worms, but now after that story I think I'd rather have the real thing. Good thing I put plenty of them in the candy apples I made for the trick or treaters.

I see by the old grandfather clock, though, that it's getting pretty late. The season of the witch is winding to a close...

 
All in all a pretty good Halloween me thinks. We got to hang out with Cain, Abel, Eve, and all their ilk at The House of Mystery. We got to meet a real live demon, and even a conquering worm all thanks to artists: Dick Ayers, W. Howard, Alfred P. Alcala, and Rubeny. Not to mention writers: Paul Kupperberg, Coram Nobis, and Michael Fleisher from The House of Mystery #256.
 
So now that you've all gotten your Halloween treats, go out there and get some tricks my friends, because that's what this season is really all about; mayhem!
 
Happy Halloween from Comic book Crud!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment