Saturday, December 1, 2012

Ryan B reads A Sock For Christmas

 



Well ho ho holy crap, it's Christmas once again!

Christmas is actually my favorite holiday right behind Halloween. It's a time when things seem just a little more bright. Particularly if you happen to fall asleep next to a roaring fire and accidentally roll in.

Don't laugh, it happened to a friend of a friend of a friend of my cousin.

Okay, you can laugh a little.

But really, Christmas is great. The lights, the songs, the smells. And there's no reason you can't get just as scared around Christmas as you can the rest of the year. In fact the cold darkness of winter is perfect for a tale of terror.

Oh look! Here's one of those now.

Straight from my old uncle's trunk full of horror comics comes this yuletide tide of gore from The Vault of Horror #29. It's written by Al Feldstein with art by Johnny Craig.

And where there's Johnny Craig you can be sure that The Vault-Keeper's not to far away. So take it away, Vaulty, what do ya have for us?



Well, that was certainly a STOCKING ending.

But seriously, this story really made me start thinking about what I want for Christmas myself. Besides war on Earth and animosity towards men, of course.

I'll have to sleep on it and let you guys know in my next blog. Remember, all this month we will be looking at Christmas themed horror comic stories, so until we meet again, gang, try to be of good fear.

2 comments:

  1. This story is what initially introduced me the the Vault of Horrors. Its become a holiday tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There should have been a stocking filled with Tarby, too.

    ReplyDelete